Rigid Synonym : stubborn, tenacious, certain, rigorous, trying, stern, inflexible, indomitable, uncompromising, insuperable, routine, harsh, rigorous, stern, settled, eternal, lasting, steadfast, stringent, hard and fast, unsubmissive, uncompromising, stiff, severe, firm, strong, solid, sure, wooden.
Know Rigid Synonym in English & other usage.
What is rigid ? – unable to bend or be forced out of shape; not flexible.
indulgent, lax, soft, lenient, spongy, yielding, clement, flexible, lax, squishy, floppy, slack, gentle, squashy, pliant, supple, pliable, loose, forbearing, relaxed, tolerant, flabby.
Rigid Meaning in other languages:
- French : rigide
- German : starr
- Maori : riirii
- Bengali: অনমনীয়
- Arabic : جامد (jamid)
- Spanish : rígida(feminine), rígido(masculine)
- Italian : rigida(feminine), rigido(masculine)
- Russian : жесткий (zhestkiy)
Rigid in a Sentence
- An entirely rigid system is impractical.
- But he is rigid over his decision.
- The prospect of failure scares me rigid.
- They all went rigid, not moving a muscle.
- His face looked rigid with distress.
- There is a rigid hierarchy of power in that country.
- She sat upright, her body rigid with fear.
- The curriculum was too narrow and too rigid.
- My father was rigid in his conservative beliefs and never wavered from them during his lifetime.
- Hyde maintained the rigid immobility of his shoulders.