Here you will know other usage of strained besides knowing strained synonyms below:
Definition in English: pull or push forcibly at something.
false, put in a state nervous, taut, stiff, awkward, tense, tight, uneasy, embarrassed, wired wreck, artificial, choked, far fetched, hard, unnatural, unrelaxed, uptight, uncomfortable, unglued, constrained, labored, .
calm, easy-going, loose, genuine, comfortable, slack, easy, relaxed, unforced, laid-back.
Strained in a sentence :
- I couldn’t stand the strained atmosphere at dinner any more.
- Peter strained his eyes until they ached.
- They strained the wire between two posts.
- If you’ve had a series of strained friendships, you may want to examine your character closely.
- On that same night, catcher Rodriguez strained his throwing shoulder.
- Not surprisingly, their relations with politicians in Albany are strained.
- Stir it a few minutes, and then add to it the strained gravy.
- The heavy box strained the rope to a breaking point.
- Relations between the two countries have become strained (=difficult) recently.
- Her eyes were strained away from him.
- City Hall’s indecision has strained fiscal commitments as well.
- Then put in the strained blood and simmer it for another hour, at least.
- She looked rather strained and miserable.
- They strained so hard, that one of them dropped its eye out.
- They strained on the rope to pull the boat in.
- Angelie’s family life has been strained since her announcement.
- Her engines were strained to the utmost.
- She had not strained it all, and the sea-weed was drying on the sieve.
- Stress and distractions tend to be a recipe for strained relationships.
- There was a strained silence for a moment.
- Jean felt uncomfortable but managed to force a strained smile.
Strained Synonyms & in Recognized sources
you may also know: