Impact definition – the action of one object coming forcibly into contact with another.
Impact Definition in English :
the action of one object coming forcibly into contact with another; a marked effect or influence.
Impact Meaning in different languages
- Bengali : প্রভাব
- Spanish : impacto
- Italian : urto
- French : impact
- Maori : tupunga
- Hindi : प्रभाव
- Russian : влияние
- Arabic : تأثير
- Tamil : தாக்கம்
- German : Einschlag
influence, outcome, hit, knock, weight, fruit, fruits, result, stress, strain, impression, power, dominance, consequence, blow, injury, wound, disturbing, manhandling.
avoidance, concord, concurrence, conformity, harmony, unison, failure, concert, unity, amity, praise, coincidence, loss, agreement.
Impact in a sentence :
- I was flung forward by the impact.
- He collapsed under the full impact of the blow.
- This time the impact was so great the door could not withstand it, and down it came with a thud.
- The impact dented our car’s fender.
- It’s difficult to assess the impact of the President’s speech.
- Lack of sleep can have an enormous negative impact on a student’s grades.