Exodus – a mass departure of people
Know Exodus synonym & other usage.
Exodus Synonym :
evacuation, Emergence, outflow of funds, onset, departure, starting, Egress, egression, evagination, debouchment, sendoff, Exit
arrival, inflow, influx, inrush, flux
Exodus in a Sentence:
- The island is facing a mass exodus of its young people.
- Tired of the hardships of farming, many families have made an exodus from the country to the city.
- Despite our doubts, our summer exodus in the family van proved to be a wonderful adventure.
- Many evacuees went home during that first winter, but when the blitz began, there was another exodus from London.
- There has been a mass exodus of workers from the villages to the towns.
- An exodus from California is by no means inevitable.
- The town is dying because of the recent exodus of talented college graduates who have left to find their fortunes in the big city.
- It was just after noon on a Friday when I arrived so the weekend exodus was just starting.
- There will be an exodus south of the border for this autumn date.
- There would be a mass exodus of people, a meltdown of the financial system, a city torn apart.
- In response, hundreds of Acadians began the exodus from Nova Scotia.
- The gift of manna in Exodus 16 is pure miracle.
- Dissatisfaction, exacerbated by the non-payment of the usual bonuses, led to a mass exodus and mutiny.
- The medical system is facing collapse because of an exodus of doctors.
- The British response to the Acadian exodus accelerated it.
- There is always an exodus to the coast at holiday times.
Exodus Synonym in Recognized sources
you may also know: