What is rigid ? – unable to bend or be forced out of shape; not flexible.
Know Rigid Definition in English & other usage.
Rigid Synonym :
routine, harsh, rigorous, stern, settled, eternal, lasting, stubborn, tenacious, certain, rigorous, trying, stern, inflexible, indomitable, uncompromising, insuperable, stubborn, steadfast, stringent, hard and fast, unsubmissive, uncompromising, stiff, severe, firm, strong, solid, sure, wooden.
yielding, clement, flexible, lax, squishy, floppy, slack, gentle, indulgent, lax, soft, lenient, spongy, squashy, pliant, supple, pliable, loose, forbearing, relaxed, tolerant, flabby.
Rigid Meaning in other languages:
- Bengali: অনমনীয়
- Arabic : جامد (jamid)
- Spanish : rígida(feminine), rígido(masculine)
- French : rigide
- German : starr
- Maori : riirii
- Italian : rigida(feminine), rigido(masculine)
- Russian : жесткий (zhestkiy)
Rigid in a Sentence
- She sat upright, her body rigid with fear.
- The curriculum was too narrow and too rigid.
- My father was rigid in his conservative beliefs and never wavered from them during his lifetime.
- Hyde maintained the rigid immobility of his shoulders.