Rigid Definition in English – unable to bend or be forced out of shape; not flexible.
Know Rigid Definition in English & other usage.
Rigid Synonym :
stubborn, steadfast, stringent, routine, harsh, rigorous, stern, settled, eternal, lasting, stubborn, tenacious, certain, rigorous, trying, stern, inflexible, indomitable, uncompromising, insuperable, hard and fast, unsubmissive, uncompromising, stiff, severe, firm, strong, solid, sure, wooden.
soft, lenient, spongy, squashy, pliant, supple, yielding, clement, flexible, lax, squishy, floppy, slack, gentle, indulgent, lax, pliable, loose, forbearing, relaxed, tolerant, flabby.
Rigid Meaning in other languages:
- German : starr
- Maori : riirii
- Bengali: অনমনীয়
- Arabic : جامد (jamid)
- Spanish : rígida(feminine), rígido(masculine)
- French : rigide
- Italian : rigida(feminine), rigido(masculine)
- Russian : жесткий (zhestkiy)
Rigid in a Sentence
- A rigid routine can be stultifying and boring.
- He is rigid about points of procedure.
- She was a fairly rigid person who had strong religious views.
- You aren’t cut out for the military because of its rigid discipline.
- Beliefs have ossified into rigid dogma.
- We try to keep it fairly rigid.
- She sat upright, her body rigid with fear.
- The curriculum was too narrow and too rigid.
- My father was rigid in his conservative beliefs and never wavered from them during his lifetime.
- Hyde maintained the rigid immobility of his shoulders.