Curb Meaning in Kannada – ನಿಗ್ರಹ, ಅದುಮು, ತಡೆಹಾಕು, ಕಲ್ಲಿನ ಪಾಗಾರ . Know Curb in Kannada & usage.
Curb Meaning in Kannada
ಅದುಮು, ತಡೆಹಾಕು, ನಿಗ್ರಹ, ಕಲ್ಲಿನ ಪಾಗಾರ
As a Noun –
- a check or restraint on something.
- a type of bit with a strap or chain attached which passes under a horse’s lower jaw, used as a check.
- a swelling on the back of a horse’s hock, caused by spraining a ligament.
As a Verb –
- restrain or keep in check.
- lead (a dog being walked) near the curb to urinate or defecate, in order to avoid soiling buildings, pavements, etc. restrain or keep in check.
As a Noun –
- interruption, retardation, obstacle, the rub, bog, kerbstone, kerb, brake, barrier, resistance, trammel, defenses.
As a Verb –
- press, hollow, conciliate, inhibit, restrain, suppress, subdue, sit on, allay, moderate, get under, put down, Extenuate.
encouragement, freedom, obey, release, forward, loosen, let go, permit, center, foster, free, promote, advance, loose, release, emancipate, loose, encouragement, liberate, latitude, comply, allow, aid, submit, freedom, center, impel inside, opening, incite, help, facilitate, interior, yield, assist, indulge, inside, interior, middle, opening, indulge, go ahead, urge, free, incite, instigate, middle, encourage.
Curb in a sentence :
- Marjorie needs to curb her expensive tastes because she is getting seriously into debt.
- We are trying to keep a curb on their activities.
- The National Council on the Handicapped notes that a curb is a wall to a handicapped person.
- A Chinese proverb advises, Use power to curb power.
- He has to learn to curb his natural exuberance.
- Keep a curb on your anger.
- He needs to learn to curb his temper.
- It was probably a bad idea to tell our toddler in the library that we would be going to Disneyworld which caused us to try to curb her enthusiasm.
- Taking a few deep breaths following a heated argument may curb your temper.
- Nothing will curb her natural exuberance.
- She had nothing to offer him to curb whatever ambition he had.
- I began to curb my appetite for food and drink.
- A man sitting on the curb on Baldwin Avenue with his feet in the gutter.
- You should learn to curb your anger before you have a heart attack.
- It is a habit we should try to curb.
- Selma Fraiberg once stated that a two-year-old can be taught to curb his aggressions completely if the parents employ strong enough methods.
- You must try to put a curb on your bad temper/spending habits.
- The government has begun a new campaign aimed at curbing smoking among teens.
- The government was unable to curb the excesses of the secret police.
- Brazil’s government wants to curb Amazon destruction and the land battles that are harming its image abroad.
- I could only curb my excitement of getting a pay raise by thinking about my colleagues who were taking a pay cut.
- He was shot twice in the head, his body left lying on a curb.
- The only way to curb this unruly mob is to use tear gas.
- I could not curb my anger.
- He shoved the door open with all his might, revealing the steely skies of winter and the grey cement curb outside.
- William Rogers once noted that we can’t all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb, and clap as they go by.
- He brought up the car at the curb.
- The government needs to take measures to curb violent crime
- The old woman fell and broke her hip when she tripped over the curb after getting off the bus.
- We need a free press to curb government excesses.
- The government is looking for ways to curb rising health costs in our state.
- Now he is slowly learning to curb those excesses.
Curb Meaning in Kannada and in Recognized sources
- Curb Meaning in Marathi
- Curb Meaning in Telugu
- Curb Meaning in Tamil
- Curb Meaning in Urdu
- Curb Meaning in Hindi
- Curb Meaning in Bengali