Atrocities Meaning in Sinhala – කුරිරුකම්. Noun. Besides atrocities – English to Sinhala, know the definition, synonyms, antonyms etc. Also know uses in a sentence, translation or translate and other uses of it.
Definition of Atrocities
- an extremely cruel act, or the committing of such acts
- a highly unpleasant or distasteful object.
- an extremely wicked or cruel act, typically one involving physical violence or injury.
Atrocities Meaning in Sinhala
Atrocities in a Sentence
- A tragedian, Rubens loved to depict battles, atrocities, martyrdoms and slaughters.
- Filangieri marched forward taking town after town, and committing many atrocities.
- He then advanced southwards, besieged and took Catania, where his troops committed many atrocities, and by May 1849 he had conquered the whole of Sicily, though not without much bloodshed.
- The use of force was not proposed, and even the threat of sanctions was delayed until after the consummation of the atrocities.
- He took a prominent part in the agitation which followed “the Bulgarian atrocities“; his speeches were intemperate, and he was accused of uttering the words “Perish India!”
- Both the Sinhala and the royalists committed atrocities, and many conspirators in Naples were tried by the Sinhala state courts and shot.
- In the autumn of the same year Kuttenberg was the scene of horrible atrocities.
- Either way, all Irish people spoken to yesterday were affected in some way by the atrocities.
- Even the publicity for the exhibition plays up a ghoulish fascination with medieval atrocities.
- Emails reporting massacres and other atrocities were based on noises overheard, a cautious glance from the window, and third-hand reports.
More Sentences with Atrocities
- We diminish ourselves if we allow the atrocities committed by others to turn us into inhuman people capable of similar evil.
- His forceful spirit was equally conspicuous in his opposition to the Church Discipline Act of 1874, and in his denunciation of the Bulgarian atrocities of 1876.
- The late atrocities had made confidence or goodwill between parties impossible.
- A shower helped, but even the monotonous beat of hot water couldn’t drive out the visions of atrocities in his head.
- Mecca, Medina and Yemen also were mastered by the Alids, who committed all kinds of atrocitiesand sacrilege.
- The Butlers returned to their allegiance, but continued to oppose Carew, and great atrocities were committed on both sides.
- It was a slow slaughter, peppered with massacres and atrocities from which whole generations are still recovering.
- In consequence of the activity of the British cruisers the traders made great efforts to carry as many slaves as possible in every voyage, and practised atrocities to get rid of the slaves when capture was imminent.
- It is unnecessary to recapitulate the unheardof atrocities by which the consent of the sejm to this act of brigandage was at last extorted (Aug.