Rigid Antonyms : yielding, clement, flexible, lax, squishy, floppy, slack, gentle, squashy, pliant, supple, pliable, loose, forbearing, relaxed, tolerant, flabby, indulgent, lax, soft, lenient, spongy.
Know Rigid Antonyms in English & other usage.
Rigid Synonym : routine, harsh, rigorous, stern, settled, eternal, lasting, steadfast, stringent, hard and fast, unsubmissive, uncompromising, stiff, severe, firm, strong, solid, sure, wooden, stubborn, tenacious, certain, rigorous, trying, stern, inflexible, indomitable, uncompromising, insuperable.
What is rigid ? – unable to bend or be forced out of shape; not flexible.
Rigid Meaning in other languages:
- Bengali: অনমনীয়
- Arabic : جامد (jamid)
- Spanish : rígida(feminine), rígido(masculine)
- Italian : rigida(feminine), rigido(masculine)
- Russian : жесткий (zhestkiy)
- French : rigide
- German : starr
- Maori : riirii
Rigid in a Sentence
- There is a rigid hierarchy of power in that country.
- She sat upright, her body rigid with fear.
- The curriculum was too narrow and too rigid.
- My father was rigid in his conservative beliefs and never wavered from them during his lifetime.
- Hyde maintained the rigid immobility of his shoulders.